Processes are key to perform tasks and reports, track shift performance by KPIs, and plan and schedule resources in Fewzion. This guide explains how you can accomplish this.
This guide provides instructions on how to:
- Adding a Process
- Editing a Process
Adding a Process
To add a Process
1. Click on the Manage icon
2. Click Add in the Process panel
To fill in the Process details
1. Enter Process Name (e.g. Outbye2)
2. Enter Process Short Code (e.g. OB2)
3. Select the Department the Process will belong to (e.g. Outbye). Please note, only one department can be selected per Process
4. Select the Crew Leader, by occupation, who will be responsible for the Process (usually the Deputy or Face Boss)
5. Select the Process Type:
- The Process is related to Production (e.g. Development)
- The Process is related to Service (e.g. Maintenance)
- The Process does not belong to the Other two categories (e.g. Shift Coordinator Notes)
6. Select Task Assignment
When planning shifts you may want to assign a task from your Process to another Process, e.g. you may want to assign a task from Process Outbye2 to Process Outbye1. Fewzion allows Planners and Schedulers to schedule Tasks in different Processes to accomplish cross-functional planning. In Fewzion, cross-functional Tasks are referred to as "Shadow Tasks", when adding a Process you can choose whether your Process can accept or assign Shadow Tasks.
- Click Yes, if your Process Can Accept Tasks
- Click Yes, if your Process Can Assign Tasks
- Click Always, if your Process Can Assign Tasks and alert Planners
Info!For more information about Shadows Tasks see the "How to Do Cross-Functional Process Planning" article and the related FAQ article (Can I do cross-functional process planning?).
7. Tick the checkbox if the Process Manages Equipment (requires equipment)
8. Tick the checkbox if the Process Manages People (requires staff)
9. Set Show On options Fewzion allows users to select the visibility of the process in the system and its reports.
Users can select which Fewzion screens (Planning Board, 24/48 Hour Schedule & Equipment Schedule) the Process can be viewed and edited on.
- Tick the checkbox to show the Process and plan its Tasks on the Planning Board screen
- Tick the checkbox to show the Process and schedule its Tasks on the 24 / 48 Hour Schedule screen
- Tick the checkbox if you’d also like to schedule the Process’s equipment through the Equipment Schedule screen (Please note, this option is not available if your Process does not require equipment.)
- Tick the checkbox to show the Process on a Smartboard. (Please note, this option is not available if your Site does not use smartboards.)
Users can select which Fewzion reports will include the Process.
- Tick the checkbox to show the Process on the Shiftly Report which summarizes the Tasks and KPIs (target and actuals) of each shift (Please note, this report is automatically sent and configured by Fewzion, as per a Site's request.)
- Tick the checkbox to show the Process on the Daily KPIs Report which summarizes the KPI target and the actuals of "Yesterday" and the "Week to Date" on a Fewzion Site. (Please note, this report is automatically sent and configured by Fewzion, as per a Site's request.)
- Tick the checkbox to show the Process on the Daily Meeting KPIs Report which summarizes the KPI target and the actuals of a zone (location) and its processes of a Fewzion Site. (Please note, this report is automatically sent and configured by Fewzion, as per a Site's request.)
- Tick the checkbox to show the Process on the Weekly Plan To Actual Report which summarizes the KPI actuals of all Processes by showing KPI targets, actuals, actuals and target ratio and variances. (Please note, this report is automatically sent and configured by Fewzion, as per a Site's request.)
- Tick the checkbox to show the Process on the Smartboard Actuals Usage Report (Please note, this report is automatically sent and configured by Fewzion, as per a Site's request. Also, this option is not available if your Site does not use smartboards.)
- Tick the checkbox to show the process on the Manning Report which summarizes the number of available and absent people (by occupation) for all Processes during a planning week.
10. You can display maximum six KPIs by time period ("Current Week" or "Month To Date") on your Smartboard. (Please note that this option is not available if you haven't selected the Smartboard option in the Show On section.)
11. Select a KPI to show it on the Day Shift / 24 Hour Report KPI Summary section by the KPI’s Short Code (Please note, the selected KPI can be shown in the report By Department, if you tick this checkbox.)
12. Check that the Active checkbox is ticked so your Process will be enabled in Fewzion (Please note, the ticked Create ShiftPlans checkbox activates the Shift Plans for your Process.)
Info!If the Active checkbox is unticked and the Process is saved (by the Close button), the Process List will show the Process with a "false" value on the Active column.
13. Click Close if you don't want to add default KPIs for the Process
To set Default KPIs
1. Click on the Default KPIs tab
2. Select the default KPIs for the process by click on the icon. Enter the default target of the KPI if necessary. Click Save
Info!The icon represents that the KPI is active.
If you like to add new KPIs to Fewzion, please check the "How to Manage KPIs" article.
Editing a Process
1. Click on the Manage icon
2. Click List in the Process section.
3. Double click on the process that you want to edit
4. Modify the Process details as required
Info!The Shift Plan Report section allows users to configure the Shift Plan Report by enabling optional features such as
- Show 5 WHY: 5 Why (True Why) is a management tool to analyse the root cause of an event.
- Additional Tasks Lines: allows Crew Leaders to record additional tasks that were finished during the shift in the report. The entered number will determinate the number of the lines of this section
- Top Delays And Or Stoppages Lines: allows Crew Leaders to enter details (such as equipment, time, reason and action) of delays and / or stoppages.
Click the "Disable…" button to disable / deactivate the process and delete existing Shift Plans.
When a Process is disabled, it can be activated by the "Enable…" button (after editing the Process).
4. To edit the Process's KPIs, click on the Default KPI tab
5. Modify the KPIs details as required
Info!If you like to add new KPIs to Fewzion, please check the "How to Manage KPIs" article.
6. To set the Process's Citect connection, click on the Citect Details tab
Info!The Citect Details tab allows users to configure Citect in Fewzion.
7. Add Citect details (if applicable)
8. To set the Process's Checklist Questions, click on the Checklist tab
Info!Checklist tabs is enabled when the Checklist Questions section (on Manage Screen) has a tick in the Processes checkbox of the Available To section.
For more information see the How to Manage Checklist Questions article.
9. Select the relevant Checklist Questions for the Process (if applicable)
10. To set the Process's locations, click on the Locations tab
11. Select the relevant locations for the Process (if applicable)